School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
- Glasgow Middle School
- Region 2
- Shawn DeRose Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcomes
Raise the Bar - The overall pass rate on Glasgow MS English SOL scores will increase by 3 percentage points, from 72% to 75%.
Raise the Bar - The overall pass rate on Glasgow MS Math SOL scores will increase by 3 percentage points, from 77% to 80%.
Close the Gap - The achievement gap on the Glasgow MS English SOL exam between LEP and SWD student populations and overall student population will decrease by at least 5 percentage points.
Close the Gap - The achievement gap on the Glasgow MS Math SOL exam between LEP and SWD students and overall student population will decrease by at least 5 percentage points.
Strategy 1 – Focus on Strengthening Tier 1 Instruction
- Admin team, coaches, and teacher leaders will support a school-wide instructional focus on quality Tier I instruction implementation.
- Focus on strengthening CTs as they use the PLC cycle to increase student achievement.
- Admin team, coaches, teacher leaders and division instructional leaders will provide more effective and frequent feedback on instruction using structured formative walkthroughs.
Strategy 2 – Support Literacy Across Content Areas
- English teachers become a model by effectively implementing the balanced literacy approach across all grade levels, with a specific focus on: facilitating effective focus lessons, teacher-led small group instruction, and teacher-scaffolded independent reading.
- Social Studies and Science teams shift toward workshop model of instruction with an emphasis on literacy as the core academic task in all lessons.
Strategy 3 – Positive School Culture
- Teachers will have increased influence through: smaller, discussion-based Instructional Council model, CT Lead Cohort, proactive and strategic communication.
- Staff will focus on building strong, positive relationships with students as part of the culture of our school.
- Staff will use AVID strategies school wide to embed a culture of college and career readiness so that students see their learning in context of their long-term goals.